Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Indian Fusion

I always like adding desi elements to my outfits. The Indo-Western fusion has been one of my preferred styles. Adding a mirror work dupatta to my tee and jeans was my favourite during the college days. Though, I wasn't really fond of the salwaar-kameez look at that time but I loved tie and dye dupattas. I had a great collection back then. Jholas are another great option to add that desi touch to your outfits.





How to add the desi elements to your outfit:
  • Wear jhumkis with your everyday outfits. Like I wore here.
  • Carry colorful, mirror work jholas. You can find beautiful ones at craftsvilla.com.
  • Wear chunky silver bangles with traditional motifs.
  • Wear the bandini dupattas as scarfs.
  • Wear mojris or embroidered chappals with your jeans and dresses
  • Wear your Indian outfits with a twist. Like I wore here.
  • Wear loads of kohl and bindi.
  • Braid your hair.

Here's how I did an understated and casual Indian fusion:




Jhola: Craftsvilla.com
Chappals: Amritsar
Tee: Reliance Trends
Shrug: Janpath
Bangles: Deepika Designs

This is my entry for InFB Remix: Indian Fusion

Much Love,
Deepika







24 comments:

  1. I love this bag of urs ! And u really pulled this Indian look well !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE every single detail of this outfit! It's just adorable how you are adding desi elements to your everyday wear making them so special and original. The prints and colors on your jhola are really beautiful! I enjoyed reading your ideas about how to infuse a desi touch to an outfit. I'll definitely have to try some of them sometime!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jenny :). I love your comments! And do try it and let me know how it turned out to be :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Your bag is Fab ! You look great ! ...Would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :)

    Daggi
    http://daggisway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag and curls !
    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like ur shrug and bag! :)

    Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog earlier :) m following u too!

    Maybe you have time to read my new post is up: The making of a Resume

    ~Boomerang Plus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I say "Same Pinch"? :D
    I have the same bag but just with a little of Starry embroidery more! I got it from Jaipur last year :) Will share the picture with you!
    I blog here: http://shrimalimegha246.blogspot.in/
    Do stop by! :)
    I am following you!

    Keep Blogging(Y)
    - A Lil' of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha..Same pinch Megha :). Aren't these jholas adorable :)

      Will definitely visit your blog :)

      Delete
  7. love the whole outfit! in fact i cant think of any ootd post of urs that i hav actually disliked..u rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kuheli :), that's really sweet of you :))

      Delete
  8. Wow! It is lovable bag in your hand it's design is very traditional and also you are looking so fab.

    clothes shopping online

    ReplyDelete

Share your Thoughts :). Let me know if you have a blog, I'd love to visit.